Here are a few points as to why 76% of the American people do not trust their government
* They voted to NOT give you a Social Security Cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
* You will not get the 3% COLA: $660/year.
* Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years.
* Your total 2-yr loss and cost is -$1,600 or -$3,200 for husband and wife.
* U.S. House & Senate have accepted a salary increase of $4,700 and $5,300 respectively.
* Over these same 2-years each Congress person will get $10,000.
* Congress passed health care while more than 60% of the people were against it.
* Congress exempted themselves from this plan.
This past year has shown us that there are no “moderate democrats” in DC. They all voted to increase spending at every opportunity.
This year, you will have a chance to get rid of these pork patrons; that’s one-third of the Senate and 100% of the House.
Make sure you stay engaged and in November we will replace them and this will also remind the replacements of what can happen to them.
Additionally, we need to ensure that any law written spells out the language in the constitution that gives specific power for government to pass that law, if it does not -- it goes down in flames.
I think it’s time we added a 28th amendment to our Constitution. "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives, and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States"